Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Favorite Things Guest Designer Contest

Wow...2 posts in one night!!!  Whew!!

OK, so I'm starting to get a little bold.  I've submitted a card to My Favorite Things for their June Guest Designer spot.  Their challenge for us was to use either fabric or felt on a project.  Having no felt on hand and very little fabric, my options were limited.  But did that stop me?  Nu-uh.  Here's my card...


I had a little bit of left over toile fabric from some cafe curtains I made several years back.  Now that fabric and felt are becoming very popular in cards and scrapbooking, I guess I need to do a little shopping.  ;)  I used a Papertrey scallop die to cut the fabrin in my Cuttlebug and glued them down with Scor-tape.  I used Spellbinders Petite Scallop Oval dies to create the focal point.  The sentiments are from a My Favorite Things set- Clearly Sentimental about Mothers.  The cardbase was embossed with a Papertrey Impression Plate.  The background of the focal point is a Hero Arts stamp, while the flourish brackets are Papertrey Ink. 

As it happens many times, I think this card is much prettier in person than online, but I still like the way it turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! And wish me luck....  ;)

Lauren 


3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Lauren!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant! I love the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love that toile print!! great job with the challenge, good luck!

    ReplyDelete