Sunday, May 2, 2010

More Unity Challenges!!

As a part of Unity's Anniversary celebration (seems like lots of companies are having their anniversaries this time of year), they issued several challenges.  I've already posted my take on one of those challenges, but today I'll show you my take on a few more....

First up is their challenge for us to use a tree or bird image....this was a "no brainer" for me.  I love trees.  A lot.  I think I own every tree image available in a stamp right now.  No kidding.  I really dig trees.  So I had no shortage of options.  Here is what I came up with.


The tree and little bird images are from Giggle Grove, the background stamp is a Unity incentive stamp for being a member of their kit of the month, and the sentiment is from one of those monthly kits (not sure which one).  The patterned paper is by Basic Grey. 

Unity's next challenge was for us to creat a project using a stamp from our first Unity purchase.  Along with trees, I'm obsessed with houses.  I think I also own just about every house stamp on the market today.  So, it should come as no surprise when I tell you my first Unity order included the tree set used in the previous challenge and a sweet little set of houses a called Pixie Lane.  Here is my card using Pixie Lane.



I used My Mind's Eye paper to piece the house and a Spellbinders die to cut the center out of the top layer of cardstock.  The sentiment is also from Unity, a set called Hodge Podge of Happiness and it's one of my favorite Unity sets.  The cardstock is Papertrey as well as the button. 

The fourth challenge issued by Unity was this sketch:


Here's my take on it...



I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and DCWV stitch rub-ons for the strips on the bottom.  The pocket, flowers, and sentiment stamps are from a Unity Kit of the Month...sorry, don't know exactly which month. I embossed the posies with white embossing powder to help them stand out.  I then added some bling to the flower centers and the pocket.  The twill tape is Martha Stewart. 

I have had so much fun participating in Unity's Anniversary challenges.  Thanks for stopping by, and as always, your comments are very much appreciated. 

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment