Saturday, April 24, 2010

Another Mother's Day Card

I am blessed to have many "mama's" in my life, which means this time each year I'm a busy little bee making special cards for each of these special ladies.  My great-grandmother is even still living...which means my family has 5 generations.  That has made for a priceless photograph. 

Anyway, here is another Mother's Day card I made today with a new Hero Arts cling stamp set I recently bought.  The background is stamped randomly with stamps from the set, while the center flower is colored with Prismas and cut out.  I layered the flower over a Papertrey Ink die and matching frame stamp.  The center flower is also adhered with pop dots to give it more dimension, but it's hard to tell in the photos.  I used a marker to color the center dots of some of the background flowers to add a little more detail. 




Of course I can't tell you who's getting what card, but check back as I will be likely be posting a couple more Mother's Day cards before I start moving into my Father's Day list.

Thanks for looking, and as always, I appreciate your comments.  Enjoy your day!!

Lauren

8 comments:

  1. This is a striking card. I love the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love how you did the b&w background and the colored focal point, makes it really pop! Great job coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! The background is so pretty and your use of the fillable frame die is so smart!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Lauren. Love the pink flower, my eye is drawn right to it! Who ever you chose to give it to will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. I really love the little touches of color in the background of B&W. Nice way to pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooo, pretty!!! Love that background and that flower is gorgeous!!! Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love the pop of color against the black and white background.

    ReplyDelete